A Naturalists Guide to the Birds of Fraser's Hills and the Highlands of Peninsular Malaysia
Pickup currently unavailable
This book is an easy-to-use identification guide to the 273 bird species most likely to be seen at Fraser's Hill and in the highlands of Peninsular Malaysia.
- For each species the authoritative text describes identifying features, distribution, habitat and habits
- Size, common and scientific names listed
- Overview of geography and climate, the forests, the birdwatching trails, and the birds and other wildlife to be seen
- Includes and up-to-date checklist of the birds of Fraser's Hill, Cameron and Genting Highlands with their status within the three hill stations
- c. 300 photographs for easy identification
Not only for the enthusiast, this book is a very handy guide to anyone with an interest in the amazing array of birds which inhabit the highland forests of Malaysia.
Geoffrey Davison spent all his working life in Southeast Asia, as a university lecturer in Malaysia, a conservationist with WWF, and then with the National Parks Board in Singapore. His interests range across ornithology, tropical forest ecology and animal taxonomy. He has written numerous scientific papers, as well as a number of books about birds and wildlife in Southeast Asia.
Con Foley is a professional nature photographer who leads photo tours and workshops in and around Singapore, Malaysia and further afield. His is the past president of the Nature Photographic Society (Singapore) and has had his photographs published worldwide.
Adam Hogg is a young photographer based in Fraser's Hill.
Size: 18.0 x 12.8 x 1.2 cm, 176 pp, 0.278 kg
Author: Geoffrey Davison
Illustrated by: Con Foley and Adam Hogg
Publisher: Entrepot Publishing Sdn Bhd
Book Type: Paperback